Programme Applications & FAQs
We are searching for leaders to take responsibility for New Zealand's future…
Each year we bring together up to 36 mid-career senior leaders from the government, corporate, small and medium enterprise, social enterprise and not-for-profit sectors of New Zealand. They represent the cultural, gender and geographic diversity of New Zealand. Over 10 months, we connect this generation of leaders with leaders of the wisdom generation and subject-matter experts for leadership dialogue, debate and learning.
A Life In Leadership
- Take personal leadership learning beyond natural boundaries and across sectors
- Learn to build dialogue with other leaders from different backgrounds and viewpoints
- Be challenged… to really listen and contemplate
- Be exposed to new perspectives and different environments, and begin a journey of a life of leadership in your organisation, with your teams and within your community
- Hear the frank opinions and concerns of leaders from across New Zealand and learn from their experiences
Applicants for our Programme are invited from residents of New Zealand who
- Are talented leaders with at least 10-15 years' experience in their sector
- Care about New Zealand and its future
- Have senior executive support from their organisation
- Are able to commit (the Programme spans 10 months across NZ and attendance is essential)
- Are committed to continuing their leadership growth after the Programme via community involvement and/or volunteering for Leadership NZ's community projects
Each cohort is drawn from diverse backgrounds and are selected based on merit. Places are limited to a maximum of 36 participants each year. Some scholarships are available to assist community leaders who would not otherwise be able to participate in the Programme.
Applications for 2018 have now closed. We expect to open for applications for 2019 in April/May 2018. If you have any questions regarding the Programme, please contact Judy Whiteman on (09) 309 3749 or via email.