The New Zealand Leadership Programme
Applications & FAQs
We are searching for leaders to take responsibility for New Zealand's future…
Each year we bring together up to 36 mid-career senior leaders from the government, corporate, small and medium enterprise, social enterprise and not-for-profit sectors of New Zealand. They represent the cultural, gender and geographic diversity of New Zealand. Over 10 months, we connect this generation of leaders with leaders of the wisdom generation and subject-matter experts for leadership dialogue, debate and learning.
A Life In Leadership
- Take personal leadership learning beyond natural boundaries and across sectors
- Learn to build dialogue with other leaders from different backgrounds and viewpoints
- Be challenged… to really listen and contemplate
- Be exposed to new perspectives and different environments, and begin a journey of a life of leadership in your organisation, with your teams and within your community
- Hear the frank opinions and concerns of leaders from across New Zealand and learn from their experiences
We seek individuals who:
- Are talented leaders with at least 10 years' experience in their sector
- Care about New Zealand and its future
- Are in a position of strategic influence
- Have demonstrated leadership capacity
- Have senior executive support from their organisation
- Are able to commit (the Programme spans 10 months across NZ and attendance is essential)
- Are committed to continuing their leadership growth after the Programme via community involvement and/or volunteering for Leadership NZ's community projects
- Are residents of New Zealand
Each cohort is drawn from diverse backgrounds and sectors of the community to reflect a balance of profit/not-for-profit, private/public leaders, and a range of genders, ethnicity and regional represenation, and are selected based on merit via an interview process. Places are limited to a maximum of 36 participants each year. Some scholarships are available to assist community leaders who would not otherwise be able to participate in the Programme.
Application Form and Frequently Asked Questions
You can download the 2019 Application Form and FAQs by clicking on the following:
It is important that you read these three documents as they contain all the details about the 2019 New Zealand Leadership Programme.
*Typed, rather than handwritten, applications are preferred.
Other useful information to read includes:
- 2018 Programme Participants (as an example of the diversity of the cohort)
- Programme Session Reflections
- Reflections from Alumni on the way their lives have been influenced by their connection with Leadership NZ. Their success stories are a testament to the value of the Programme
- Our recent Yearbooks (in particular Graduand Biographies)
- Our recent Leaders magazines
After having read all the above information if you have any questions regarding the 2019 Programme, please contact Judy Whiteman on (09) 309 3749 or via email.